The Trust is committed to supporting the development of our marae and our hau kainga who carry out important roles as the kaitiaki of our marae. The Trust is also committed to connecting and reconnecting whānau to their hapū and marae. The Marae Development Fund is intended to support these objectives and ensure our marae remain the hub of our communities.
The five marae eligible for funding are:
- Te Korapatu Marae
- Rereamanu Marae
- Mirumiru Marae
- Pohatuiri Marae
- Tokikapu Marae
The Fund, along with other support available, will provide opportunities for each marae to identify and pursue their ongoing development needs and aspirations in the following areas;
- Cultural infrastructure and capabilities
- Physical infrastructure and capacity
- Administrative infrastructure and capability.
To achieve these aspirations the Fund will provide grants for:
- Capital works for building developments – up to $100,000 to each marae;
- Development of the paepae and the regeneration of te reo Māori, tikanga, kawa and history – up to $5,000 to each marae for wānanga: and
- Annual grants for operational expenses – up to $20,000 to each marae.
Marae Grants can only be applied for by the trustees of the marae. Contact the RUHT Office for further information. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 525 626.